Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Tour duration: 12 hours
Enjoy a one-day round-trip excursion from Rome to Florence, cradle of the Renaissance, is one of the most beautiful city in the world, one of the Unesco heritage sites and the capital of Tuscany and has been called “the Athens of the Middle Ages”. Situated on both banks of the Arno river and surrounded by the Appenine hills, the city is the home of Dante and the Medici Family, where the Renaissance art of the 16th century started, the birthplace of great artists like Michelangelo, Brunelleschi and Botticelli. Florence’s museums, palaces, and churches house some of the greatest artistic treasures in the world. The tour will be done by high-speed train for 1.5-hour trip and you can admire the Italian countryside from the window of your standard-class carriage along the way. Upon arrival in Florence our local guide will waiting for to start your walking tour to discover the jewel of Middle Ages and Renaissance of Italy. You’ll learn about the rich cultural history of the city, plus enjoy skip-the-line admission to the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most famous art museums in the world, where you can admire Renaissance icons such as Leonardo da Vinci’s Annunciation. After the visit you will be embraced by Piazza Santa Croce, one of the most beautiful squares in town with a splendid Cathedral as a background. Then you will enjoy a typical meal in a really nice restaurant facing the square right in the heart of the centre. A nice walk back to the station will complete this day in Florence. Your assistant will wait for you at the station for your return trip to Rome in the late afternoon.
- 6:30 am – Pick up (only from hotels)
- 7:30 am – Depart from agency to Termini Train Station
- Morning – Visit Florence
- Early Afternoon – Lunch
- Late afternoon – Return to Rome
The tour includes:
- Round-trip by high speed train ticket from Rome to Florence
- Assistance during the trip
- Licensed Guide
- Entrance tickets to the Uffizi Gallery Museum (skip the line)
The tour does not include:
- Infants aged 0-2: Free. Reduced tickets for children aged 3-7.
- If your accommodation is B&B, Guest House/Apartment, meeting point in agency.
- You will receive the reservation voucher with complete information about the meeting point.