Day 1: Rome
Transfer from the airport in Rome to the hotel. Welcome drink upon arrival.
Rest of the day at leisure. Dinner in hotel.
Day 2: Rome
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Welcome to the Eternal City! This morning your licensed English speaking guide will pick you up at the hotel to start your full day (6 hrs) sightseeing tour of Rome.
Your tour will start with the inside visit of the Colosseum and Roman Forum. After lunch (on your own) you will continue to the Vatican City where your guide will lead you into the Vatican Museums taking the beautiful Spiral staircase and continuing through the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps before arriving in the famous Sistine Chapel with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo. The tour will end with the visit of the world renown St. Peter’s Basilica where a stop at the famous sculpture “La Pieta” by Michelangelo is not to be missed. At the end of the tour you will return to the hotel for dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, dinner
Day 3: Rome – Naples – Pompeii – Sorrento
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Pick up at your hotel for your departure to Naples by motor coach. Naples is the capital city of the Campania region, located at the footsteps of Mt. Vesuvius. It’s a vibrant city that combines a cultural-historical past with pure passion for modern life and breathless views of the Gulf of Naples and its islands.
Upon arrival in Naples your English speaking guide will take you for a panoramic walking tour of the historical center which will include major sights such as Piazza del Plebiscito, Gallery of Umberto I and the Royal Palace, to name a few.
Lunch (included) will be at a typical pizzeria where you will have the chance to taste a real Naples pizza! After lunch your tour will continue to Pompeii, the city destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 B.C. Your guide will walk you through the ruins of the city. The size of the buildings and their perfect preservation will give you an idea of how it must have looked like during the Roman Empire. At the end of the tour proceed to Sorrento.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 4: Sorrento – Capri – Anacapri – Sorrento
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Today’s highlight is the visit of the island of Capri.
You will depart from the hotel and embark the ferry to Marina Grande. Once on the island you will reach the center of Capri, the famous Piazzetta and with the guide you will walk through the Augustus Gardens. From here you will enjoy a fantastic view of the Faraglioni cliffs. After lunch (included) in a typical restaurant with water and wine, you will reach Anacapri by minibus, where you will have the opportunity to visit the house of the Swedish doctor Axel Munthe (entrance fees not included) and the Church of San Michele In the afternoon visit of the Blue Grotto (weather permitting, entrance fees included). Return to Sorrento by ferry. Dinner in hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 5: Sorrento – Rome
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Morning at leisure to enjoy on your own Sorrento. In the afternoon transfer back to Rome by coach.
Tonight you will discover some of the main monuments of the Eternal city in a magical atmosphere created by romantic lightning, including the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Also impressive at night are the Castel Sant’Angelo and St.Peter’s Basilica. The tour will be followed by a typical Italian dinner offered in a characteristic trattoria with wine and water included.
Meals: Breakfast, dinner
Day 6: Rome – End of the vacation package
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Departure transfer from the hotel to the Rome airport.
The tour includes:
- Arrival transfer from FCO/CIA Airport to the hotel in Rome
- Departure transfer from the hotel in Rome to FCO/CIA Airport in Rome
- Accommodation in 3* or 4* hotels centrally located
– 3 nights in Rome
– 2 nights in Sorrento
- Welcome drink at the hotel in Rome
- 5 daily buffet breakfasts
- 2 4-course dinners at the hotel in Rome (drinks not included)
- 2 4-course dinners at the hotel in Sorrento (drinks not included)
- Full-day (6 hrs) tour of Rome with English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees and skip-the-line tickets at the Vatican Museum, Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Lunch in Naples in a typical pizzeria with drinks included (1/4 wine and ½ water per person)
- Full day excursion to Naples and Pompeii with local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the excavations in Pompeii
- Full day excursion to Capri/Anacapri with local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the Blue Grotto (weather permitting)
- Round trip ferry ticket Sorrento-Capri-Sorrento
- Minibus tour of Anacapri
- Lunch in Capri with drinks included (1/4 wine and ½ water per person)
- Rome by night by coach with English speaking tour escort and dinner
- 1 dinner in a local trattoria in Rome with drinks included (1/4 wine and ½ water per person)
- Headsets during the sightseeing tours
- English speaking Tour Escort throughout the itinerary
- Transportation by deluxe AC motor coach as per the stated itinerary
- Porterage upon arrival and departure at each hotel
The tour does not include:
- Everything not listed under “the tour includes”
- City taxes
3* in Rome: Hotel Priscilla or similar
3* in Sorrento: Hotel Leone or similar
4* in Rome: Hotel NH Vittorio Veneto or similar
4* in Sorrento: Hotel Continental or similar
Please note the city taxes are not included and have to be paid by the guest directly to the hotel at the time of check-in. The amount of the taxes depends on the category of the hotel and length of stay.
Send us an email for more information